Acceptable Use Policy
This AUP governs the use of GoCloudBased.com’s services. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and GoCloudBased.com regarding the interpretation of this AUP, GoCloudBased.com’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact GoCloudBased.com.
Table of contents
1. Offensive Content
- constitutes child pornography;
- constitutes pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to GoCloudBased.com; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against GoCloudBased.com by offended viewers;
2. Illegal Activity
Customer may only use GoCloudBased.com Web Hosting’s Server for lawful purpose. Transmission of any material in violation of any Country, Federal, State or Local regulation is prohibited. Also, using GoCloudBased.com’s servers or network to conspire to commit or support the commission of illegal activities is forbidden as well.
3. Unaccepted Materials
GoCloudBased.com does not accept material such as:
Proxy, VPN, Warez, Escrow, High Yield Investment Programs (HYIP), illegal Gambling and Lottery sites or services. Content “published or transmitted” via GoCloudBased.com’s service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by GoCloudBased.com.
* GoCloudBased.com can terminate service for any of the above reasons and it’s GoCloudBased.com’s sole discretion to issue a refund.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your passwords, and you should change your passwords periodically.
5. Bulk Commercial E-Mail
Any kind of bulk emailing is strictly prohibited with shared hosting. With VPS, Hybrid or Dedicated hosting you must obtain GoCloudBased.com’s advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to GoCloudBased.com’s reasonable satisfaction:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and GoCloudBased.com’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e-mail; and
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your GoCloudBased.com service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your GoCloudBased.com service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
GoCloudBased.com may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
6. Unsolicited E-Mail
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your GoCloudBased.com’s services.
7. Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
GoCloudBased.com will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the GoCloudBased.com network.
GoCloudBased.com is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the GoCloudBased.com network. Inquiries regarding this policy should contact us.
10. Internet Abuse
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to GoCloudBased.com and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the GoCloudBased.com network.
- Use of GoCloudBased.com’s network in a way that unreasonably interferes with GoCloudBased.com’s other customers use of the network
- Discussion of hacking activities or the distribution of hacking tools are prohibited. Also, the usage of GoCloudBased.com’s computer systems or network to access any system, service, or network without the owner’s consent is expressly forbidden.
- Any activity which causes service interruptions to either GoCloudBased.com’s network/servers or any outside network. This includes, but is not limited to, the execution of Denial of Service attacks or other maliciously configured software.
- Anonymous proxies are easily abused and often cause a negative impact on both the servers and the network they are connected to. As such, they’re prohibited on GoCloudBased.com’s network and servers.
- Collecting or using email addresses, screen names or other personal identifiers without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting).
- Usage of the GoCloudBased.com network to impersonate another person or entity, be it through Email, Internet Forums, or any other means, is strictly prohibited. This includes spoofing email or network packet headers whether or not it is done for malicious purposes.
- Activities pertaining to Black Hat SEO, Spamdexing, and so-called “Scraper sites.” These can all have a severely detrimental effect on server performance and are not permitted.
11. Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.
Customer agrees to not have any content on their site that advocates, sells or in any way makes available tools or methods to send unsolicited e-mail or usenet postings (spam), or to use GoCloudBased.com Web Hosting’s Servers for relaying unsolicited e-mail or usenet postings, or to use unsolicited e-mail or usenet postings to advertise for their site hosted at GoCloudBased.com. Any complaint we receive about a violation of this or the preceding two points will be taken very seriously and will result in immediate account cancellation without a refund.
You agree that if the GoCloudBased.com IP numbers assigned to your account are listed on an abuse database or blacklist like Spamhaus, you will be in violation of this AUP, and GoCloudBased.com may take reasonable action to protect its IP numbers, including suspension and/or termination of your service, regardless of whether the IP numbers were listed as a result of your actions.
14. Personal Backups
With the exception of GoCloudBased.com Dedicated Server products, the customer agrees to make use of GoCloudBased.com Web Hosting servers primarily for the purpose of hosting a website, and associated email functions. Data uploaded must be primarily for this purpose. GoCloudBased.com Hosting servers are not intended as a data backup or archiving service. GoCloudBased.com Hosting reserves the right to negotiate additional charges with the Customer and/or the discontinuation of the backups/archives at their discretion.
15. Hacking/Sniffing/Spoofing/Denial of Service
GoCloudBased.com does not permit any type of hacking, denial of service, distributed denial of service, sniffing, spoofing, password cracking or similar malicious activities to be performed on or by it’s services. GoCloudBased.com will remain the sole arbiter in what constitutes any of these activities. You acknowledge that participation in any of these activities will result in immediate termination without refund. GoCloudBased.com may involve law enforcement authorities if we deem necessary.
The following statements pertain exclusively to shared web hosting products and services offered by GoCloudBased.com. These regulations are in addition to all other regulations contained in this article.
16. Adult Thumbnail Galleries/Banner Exchanges
You agree not to run a banner exchange, free adult tgp (thumbnail gallery post), or free adult image galleries on your website.
17. Abusive Scripts/Processes
Any script/process/etc that adversely affects the ability of any other customer to satisfactorily use their provided services is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to, CPU-intensive CGI/PHP scripts and websites for which the scale of traffic has exceeded the acceptable limits of a shared hosting environment.
18. IRC Bots/Bouncers
All IRC bots and “bouncers” (bnc, etc) are forbidden.
19. BitTorrent Software
While we recognize the value in the BitTorrent protocol as a distribution method, it is far too easily (and often accidentally) abused/misused and therefore not allowed on GoCloudBased.com Shared Hosting services.
20. Proxy Software
All proxy software, anonymous or otherwise, is forbidden on GoCloudBased.com Shared Hosting services.
21. Network Daemons
Any process that opens a network socket to accept connections from external networks is forbidden. Processes are allowed to bind to the local host only, but are held to the limitations placed on all other processes. They must not use up more than their fair share of resources and they must not interfere with any other customers’ activities.